Saturday, May 11, 2013

Random Blogging - Gas Stations





Uh, yeah, please excuse the random title.  It was all I could think of while trying to write a blog post because I really really need to blog more...But instead of trying to make excuses for how crazy life is or whatnot, I'll just try to come up with something worth reading.  And that may contribute something to your day, but I know that's a long shot.


First things first, I had my first experience at a gas station in my car by myself.  It wasn't as much scary as humiliating because I honestly had no clue what I was doing.  Well, I mean, I knew how to pump gas because I've done it before, but as far as all the logistics and everything else about a gas station?  Yeah, well, my attempt was most definitely a fail.

I forgot which side of the car the gas tank was, and when I realized that I had the wrong side, after I'd already turned the car off and gotten out, people had already noticed.  Yeah.  I'm sure I looked amazing, searching the wrong side of my car...

So, after pulling around the station about ten times, I finally found a spot with the tank on the right side.  But after I swiped my card and attempted to pump gas, letters flashed up on the screen saying that this pump was out of gas, which I didn't even know was possible.

So I was onto my third pump, hoping this time I'd finally get it right.  But of course it couldn't be that easy.  Even thought it worked, the latch on the handle of the pump was broken, and I had to stand there holding the trigger down the entire time.  Finally, I had filled the tank with gas.  Then my receipt wouldn't print, which I guess isn't that much of a big deal, but it frustrated me.  So when I was fumbling around trying to find the "print" button, I accidentally hit the "assistance" button for handicapped people.  By this point I was running twenty minutes late, so I got in my car and hurried off before causing myself to become victim to any further embarrassment.

 And because of this ordeal and traffic, I got home a half-hour late, thus making myself late to my soccer game.  Yeah.  Guess I'm just that amazing, that I can't even go to the gas station without having a problem.

And I'm sure this will be funny someday, but it sure wasn't two days ago when it all happened.

Too bad real-life experiences don't translate well into writing, right? Because this story, as hilarious as it may be, probably wouldn't be that entertaining in a book.  Oh, the irony...

Anyway, since I had so much fun writing this post, I'm going to start a new thing just called "Random Blogging" where once a week I just get on and talk about whatever is going on, whether it's a funny life story or something that I want to talk about.  I don't even know.  Guess the only way is to try it and see what happens, right?

- Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment